China-CEE Institute Research Scholarship 2017
1. About Us
China-CEE Institute is established by Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, registered as a non-profit limited company in Budapest, Hungary in April 2017. China-CEE Institute will build ties and strengthen partnerships with academic institutions and think tanks in Hungary as well as other Central and Eastern European countries.
China-CEE Institute aims to encourage scholars and researchers in CEE countries to carry out joint researches, field studies, to organize seminars and lecture series, to hold some training programs for younger students, and publication, etc.
2. Scholarship in 2017
China-CEE Institute provides a limited number of three-month scholarships for young researchers and scholars in 2017. There are two categories of scholarships: visiting researcher and non-residence researcher. For those who are interested in the research work and could not be the visiting researchers, they can apply for non-residence researcher scholarship.
3. Position details
1) Research fields:
– Country studies in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)
– Regional studies in CEE
– Studies on China-CEE and bilateral relations
– Weekly CEE country briefings and other research tasks designated by China-CEE
– A research paper based on the research proposal indicated during application (visiting researcher only)
3) Remuneration for Scholarship
– for visiting researchers: 1500 Euro per month and maximum 700 Euro reimbursement for one round trip between homeland and Budapest
– for non-residence researchers, which is 600 Euro per month
– After the end of the scholarship, there is a possibility to shift to residence researcher position.
4. Position Requirements
– CEE nationality only, ie. Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
– PhD in Politics, International Politics, International Relations, Economics, International Political Economy, sociology, etc.
– Research experiences on the topics about the CEE country or the region
– Research experiences on the topics about bilateral relations with China is a plus
– Working language is English, Chinese language is a plus
– An institutional affiliation is not necessary.
– The period of stay is three months between 1st November 2017 – 31th January 2018.
5. Application Requirements
– Application deadline: 30th of September
– Detailed research proposal no more than 2000 words in English. – Curriculum vitae in English with main publications.
Name: Chen Xin
Title: Executive Vice-President and Managing Director of China-CEE Institute Email: email@example.com
Name: Ma Junchi